Get Out Here!

This weather is amazing in a lot of different ways. With predicted temperatures near 70 on Saturday and Sunday I need you to get your butt out to the winery this weekend. Any of them! However, if you mention that Matthew LaVelle said you needed to get your butt out to LaVelle Vineyards you'll get 10% off your purchase. Not to be combined with any other offers, blah, blah, blah you know the routine. I spoke to a fun class at Lane Community College on Wednesday night. It's a wine and food pairing class but someone asked me if the mild winter will affect the grapes. I don't think so, but we've been extra busy in the vineyard with a likely early bud break this year. As I wrote in my last blog, we've had on time or early bud break each of the last three vintages. Could this be the earliest on record? I'm guessing YES!

As I write this it's north of 60 degrees outside. This is March 6th. What's been stranger than that? February and January. We have had probably the mildest winter in Oregon history. I high pressure system has just parked itself over the valley and sat here. It has been great for us people! The plants will need some water eventually though, and our site is dry farmed so we may be in for it with the hand watering this year. Enough about the plants though you just need to get out here!

We're mowing the lawn, we've pressure washed the front entry way and under the awning, cleaned off the deck at the top of the vineyard, and Mighty Micaela will be working here tomorrow. I know a lot of you still need to pick up your club shipments from the current release so now is the time. We'll even have our grills available if you'd like to bring a picnic out. Join us for sun, wine, and happiness!

Comments